- Delegation of Signature Authority Chart (pdf)
- To Sign or Not to Sign (ppt) (Originally created by UNC-W)
Small purchases (up to $5,000) may be made by departments without processing by the NC State Purchasing Department, but only when there is no written contract or agreement or formal purchase order involved.
If the transaction involves a contract, the contract must be submitted to the NC State Purchasing Department. This is true even for purchases of less than $5,000 and even when the goods or services are being provided for free.
Purchases between $5,000 and $500,000 are normally executed via a purchase order from the NC State Purchasing Department. Bids are sought and standard Terms and Conditions are used in lieu of obtaining a Vice Chancellor’s signature.
Where should you go for information on purchasing procedures?
For more information, please see the Sourcing and Procurement Services webpage.
You may also call the NC State Purchasing Department (919-515-2171) for information regarding:
- contracts other than purchases
- customs clearance for imported goods/equipment
- surplus property issues, and related topics